I recently tried one of Provena's products and loved it. Here I am going to let you know about their other products.- Provena Oat Muesli. This includes apple, dates, raisins and sunflower seeds. Sounds delicious doesn't it. I'm not keen on raisins, so before I try, I'll need to remove these. However, I love everything else included and it sounds perfect for a quick breakfast to keep me going.
- Provena Instant Oat Meal with Raspberry. This is a box of 5 sachets to make porridge at home within a minute. Bonus!! I love porridge in the winter. See below for further details on this product.
- Provena Gluten Free Jumbo Oats. I am going to use these to make simple flapjacks for you all. As some of you have informed me that you've never made them at home. So...watch out for this post in the near future. This product has been given a "Great Taste Award 2015" so, they've got to be good right ?
- Provena Gluten Free Chocolate Muffin Mix. I really wanted to try this, as I love a quick cheat sometimes, and the Bread Mix came out well - see previous post HERE. You can see the results below.
- Provena Gluten Free Wholegrain Oat Flour. I think I'm going to use this to make some biscuits with.
- Provena Gluten Free Baking Flour with Oats. I cant wait to use this, to see if its any different to normal wheat flour. This has had a "Great Taste Award in 2015" so I have high hopes for this one.
Oats should be classed as a super food in my opinion. They are beneficial to anyone with heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol and are rich in fibre. They are also really tasty, and can be used for so many food products, so everyone should enjoy them. Since finding out that I have a slight Heart Mumur, just over ten years ago, I have been eating a lot more oats, and had mental cravings for it when I was pregnant. I made enough flapjacks to feed the village!!
Porridge is also a great way to include oats into your diet. Just like Provena's Raspberry flavour one.
Making a cheats porridge is easy and simple...open sachet, pour ingredients in a bowl, fill sachet TO THE LINE with either milk or water, put in the microwave for a minute
and stir and serve. Done!! I really enjoyed eating this porridge, as it's light to the taste, and I didn't feel heavy afterwards like I have done with other normal brands. Plus the raspberry didn't take over the taste. It was lovely and sweet and kept me going until lunch time.
Here is how the Chocolate Muffin Mix went.....
The instructions were to add 150ml of melted margarine and 3 eggs to the mix, stir until its all mixed, and then pour into cake cases....It states Quick and Easy on the packaging, and it is!!!!
Check out those real chocolate chips in there too!!
The kids made this mix with absolute ease.
The mix can be separated into 8/10 muffin cases or 20/22 cup cake cases.
Dadah........ Cakes Done !!
I sprinkled them with just icing sugar as we were going to a friends house for hot food with some other families, and these were for the kids, as a pre Christmas get together. Well actually, the adults had a taste too, and I can safely report that everyone was surprised that they were gluten free, and said they were delicious.
Make sure you try Provena's products. They really are very good, and with them getting awards for great taste, I'd say ..... that's says it all !!!
You don't have to be on a gluten free diet to eat gluten free.
*I was sent these items to review